The Board of Directors of People Advocating for Change through Empowerment Inc. (P.A.C.E.) has the ultimate responsibility and must answer legally for the affairs of P.A.C.E. The Board’s authority is only exceeded by that of the members (through By-laws) and the government (through the funding body and legislation).
Responsibilities of the Board
The Board of Directors is responsible for managing the affairs of the Corporation on behalf of the Membership and may exercise all such powers and do all such acts and things as may be exercised and done by the Corporation not otherwise expressly provided for by the by-laws or by statute.
Responsibilities of Board Members
- understand and support the philosophy of P.A.C.E. (i.e. empowerment);
- understand and support the goals and objectives of P.A.C.E.;
- attend board and general membership meetings;
- act in the best interests of P.A.C.E.;
- have a basic understanding of how boards and committees operate-a willingness to learn;
- become familiar with P.A.C.E.’s by-laws, policies and procedures;
- adhere to the Confidentiality Agreement;
- adhere to the Code of Ethics Agreement;
- participate in at least one committee at P.A.C.E.;
- attend training opportunities for Board development as required.
Qualifications of Directors
Before being eligible for election to the Board of Directors a Member:
- must be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- must not be an undischarged bankrupt;
- must be a member in good standing of P.A.C.E.;